Public Charter School – Enrollment Information
Now Enrolling for 2017-2018 School Year
January 23rd-Febraury 3rd
Kindergarten Open Enrollment
February 1st-February 14th
February 13th-February 28th
Grades K – 6
If you decide that La Tierra Community School is the best educational choice for your child, please follow the steps of our application and enrollment process.
- Visit our office and request a school tour. Call 928-445-5100 to schedule a tour or in person at 134 N. Virginia St., Prescott, AZ 86301
- Meet with the school director to understand the student’s strengths and areas of potential growth to provide the best educational outcome for thestudent and receive an admission application packet.
- Schedule an interview with classroom teacher and other support faculty except during June and July, when you and the student will meet with the administrative staff.
- Complete and submit an admission application packet.
- At the end of the Open Enrollment period, if the number of student applicants does not exceed the number of openings, the family will be contacted with an offer of enrollment. The family will have 10 days to submit a completed enrollment packet, (parent and guardian information, legal restrictions if applicable, original birth certificate, proof of Arizona residency, immunization records and other forms as required by state and federal government).
- The enrollment will be completed when all paperwork is completed and returned and school records have been received from previous school(s).
- Per A.R.S. § 15 – 184, if La Tierra Community School receives more enrollment applications than available openings in a class, an equitable selections process, such as a lottery will be held and the selected students will be offered enrollment. If enrollment is declined or not accepted within 10 days of offer, the next child on the waiting list will be offered enrollment.
The wait list is determined by the date and time the application is received.
- Siblings of enrolled students will be given priority.
- La Tierra Community School will not accept any student who has been expelled or is going through the expulsion process.