Hello again, families!
Ms. Julie sent out a survey attached to an informational message on August 4th. Filling out this survey, and your follow up is what determines use of OSS and Chromebook/device checkout from La Tierra. You must complete the survey in advance to check out a device. We will be sending more detailed info in the next few days as more surveys roll in.
If you have already filled out the survey and answered “maybe” to device needs, and do indeed need a device for your child, please message us asap in order to be added to the checkout list. email@example.com
Please complete this survey by Thursday, August 13th,so we can have your device ready for pick up by Friday.
If you require OSS (On site services) for your child, you must reach out to the director. Please read the short excerpt from Julie’s message to families. Follow the link to take the very short survey if you haven’t already.
“With this criteria in mind we will be REQUIRING families who will have a child attend OSS to notify the school office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by noon on Friday which days the child will be on campus for the following week.
“Key Information regarding OSS:
- LTCS will be providing On-Site Support for students who need a safe place to go during the day.
- OSS will begin on August 17, 2020
- OSS will begin at 8:15 and end at 3:15, Monday-Thursday
- OSS is NOT teacher led instruction and will not resemble a typical school day
- Parents MUST sign up via email to the school office by Friday at noon for the following week (email@example.com)
- Mandatory and recommended safety protocols will be required during OSS including face coverings as needed and social distancing
- Students may not attend OSS if they have been exposed to COVID during the 2 weeks prior to attendance, have active signs or symptoms of COVID or a family member with active signs of COVID or have a temperature of 100.4 or greater
- Students who begin to exhibit symptoms or a fever while at OSS will need to be picked up within 30 minutes of a parent being notified.
Please be advised that free on-site support services may be suspended or terminated if the Yavapai County Community Health Services or the Arizona Department of Health Services advises closing the premises for public health reasons or in the best interests of the staff and students. The details of these services may be modified based on additional guidance from ADE.
We have created an attached survey to assess how many students may be utilizing this service along with technology needs. We are asking ALL families to complete one survey for each student that will be attending LTCS.”