Good Afternoon La Tierra Community!
We apologize for the delay in getting you this information yesterday. The Arizona Department of Education supplied updated information on this service yesterday afternoon and we wanted to ensure that you received the latest and most up to date information available regarding On-Site Support.
Per Governor Ducey’s Executive Order 2020-51, beginning on August 17, 2020, LTCS will begin offering free on-site support services for students who need a place to go during the school day. The Arizona Department of Education currently describes this service as a “safe learning space for students who are at-risk, in special education programs or who are the students of essential workers.” Please be advised that free on-site support services (OSS) are not teacher-led classroom instruction. This will not resemble a typical school day that our students are accustomed to. Students participating in OSS will spend their day participating in Distance Learning and completing class work/assignments. Students will have regularly scheduled physical activity breaks however these breaks will also not be typical “recess” breaks as we will be adhering to social distancing guidelines. While we have been tasked with providing these services we are also instructed to “optimize the use of available resources so that critical health protocols can be safely maintained to prevent the spread of the virus.” With this criteria in mind we will be REQUIRING families who will have a child attend OSS to notify the school office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by noon on Friday which days the child will be on campus for the following week.
Key Information regarding OSS:
- LTCS will be providing On-Site Support for students who need a safe place to go during the day.
- OSS will begin on August 17, 2020
- OSS will begin at 8:15 and end at 3:15, Monday-Thursday
- OSS is NOT teacher led instruction and will not resemble a typical school day
- Parents MUST sign up via email to the school office by Friday at noon for the following week (email@example.com)
- Mandatory and recommended safety protocols will be required during OSS including face coverings as needed and social distancing
- Students may not attend OSS if they have been exposed to COVID during the 2 weeks prior to attendance, have active signs or symptoms of COVID or a family member with active signs of COVID or have a temperature of 100.4 or greater
- Students who begin to exhibit symptoms or a fever while at OSS will need to be picked up within 30 minutes of a parent being notified.
Please be advised that free on-site support services may be suspended or terminated if the Yavapai County Community Health Services or the Arizona Department of Health Services advises closing the premises for public health reasons or in the best interests of the staff and students. The details of these services may be modified based on additional guidance from ADE.
We have created an attached survey to assess how many students may be utilizing this service along with technology needs. We are asking ALL families to complete one survey for each student that will be attending LTCS.
Please continue to monitor your email for continued updates as they become available over the next few weeks and don’t hesitate to reach out to either of us with any questions or concerns.
~Julie and Rhette