Join the La Tierra Community School Crew
La Tierra provides active and transformative educational experiences that respect diverse learning styles. Our educational philosophy is inspired by the expeditionary learning model and covers a spectrum of experiential education elements that are inclusive, progressive and value-based. We respect academic rigor, diversity and provide a developmentally appropriate, student-centered learning environment that encourages growth in all developmental areas, fosters natural curiosity and promotes critical thinking and reflection. Our highly qualified teaching faculty is committed to fostering each student’s uniqueness while promoting their sense of curiosity, exploration and discovery. Our curriculum is centered on a differentiated instructional approach assuring that each student’s needs are met. Students are involved in many experiential projects that explore diverse cultures, local and global perspectives, and environmental and social justice issues. Each semester students celebrate learning and in-depth knowledge through school wide expeditions.
Open Positions for the 2022-2023 School Year:
If you would like to join our team, we are happy to accept your resume at any time so that you may be considered for future openings.
3rd Grade Teacher
La Tierra Community School is seeking a highly qualified, enthusiastic 3rd Grade Teacher to foster the intellectual and social development of children at our K-7 Public Charter School in Prescott, Arizona. La Tierra Community School provides active, transformative and integrative educational experiences that respect diverse learning styles and approaches. Our educational philosophy is inspired by the EL Education model and centers on experiential education elements that are inclusive, progressive and value-based. We value academic rigor, diversity and provide a student-centered learning environment that encourages growth in all developmental areas. Staff members believe in fostering a natural curiosity and promoting critical thinking and reflection. Our curriculum is based on a differentiated instructional approach, ensuring that each student’s needs are met. Students are involved in project-based learning that explores diverse cultures, local and global perspectives, and environmental and social justice issues.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach children mathematics, language arts, science, and social studies.
- Use games, music, art, books, computers, and other tools to teach academic skills.
- Use project-based learning and hands-on teaching.
- Planning and implementing a minimum of 6 field work projects for students throughout the year including at least one overnight field trip related to thematic expedition.
- Maintain grade books.
- Evaluate student assignments and perform other classroom administrative duties as needed.
- Create projects designed to enhance learning in the classroom.
- Create lesson plans aligned with Arizona State Standards.
- Utilize curriculum resources for ELA, Writing, and Math.
- Regularly communicate with parents; including newsletters, meetings, open houses, and emails / phone calls.
- Plan a classroom routine and work cooperatively with specials teachers and support staff as needed.
- Practice inclusivity with students who have disabilities.
- Be a flexible member of a small school community where teachers work cooperatively to complete tasks in the classroom and on the campus.
Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and have a valid Arizona Teaching Certificate (or complete certification process within one year). Starting pay $38,500 and increases based on education and experience. Please call (928)445-5100 or visit our website for more information www.latierracommunityschool.org.
If you would like to be on our Substitute Teaching list, please submit a resume and copy of your fingerprint clearance card to firstname.lastname@example.org .